Tuesday 30 December 2014

2014

I've been a bit quiet on the old blog this year, but I move into 2015 with a renewed enthusiasm for sharing my deepest, darkest thoughts with the few friends I have left.

To get me started, I thought you might be interested in the music that has been floating my boat in 2014. For me, this year has not been a great one for new music (mind you, I think I've been saying that every year since Elton John was heterosexual), but there are three clear themes in my list below. There's plenty of Röyksopp, because they released two of my favourite albums of the year, plenty of tracks from Erased Tapes, because they're a fantastic label, and plenty of piano music because I've started to learn to play the piano in 2014. I'm also conscious that there's a definite quiet and reflective feel to many tracks, but, hey, that's the kind of guy I am.


I couldn't decide on 10 or 20, so this is my Top 14 for 2014. There's a mix of new and old and they're not in any particular order (the Naughty Boy track is probably my favourite). If you're interested there's a Spotify playlist over here (minus Lubomyr Melnyk).

No comments:

Post a Comment